Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Sundbird won't start.

camaro316
05-31-2007, 08:04 PM
My car won't start and the first thing i noticed that the fuel pump was not running and did have no fuel at all. Checked relay and its fine. A buddy told me to check fuseable links off starter. Did that and was ok but noticed stud for the wires on starter was loose. So i tightened it and now the fuel pump runs but won't shut off only when i turn the key off. I got fuel now so i checked the spark and no spark was found. What makes the fuel pump run continuesly and won't give me spark. Buddy says it may be the ignition control module or the cole pack may be bad cause the fuel pump runs off them. Car turns over great but does not act like it wants to start at all. Help please.

camaro316
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I tested the coil pack and thats fine. The coil pack is getting power. The cps does not have juice going to it. To me i think the computer is bad. Please help.

mcmalloy
01-16-2008, 12:44 PM
Could be the crank shaft sensor ,its at the back side of the engine.The last one i replaced i had to take the oil pan off because it had build up on it and would not come out .

Add your comment to this topic!