Page updated on 10-23-2017

fuel system, or distributor?

vessisbest
05-31-2007, 01:50 AM
My 2000 blazer has recently started choking out both during idling and in motion. It will lose drive power randomly, like it's not getting fuel. There's a knocking sound when it happens. I can't remember the last time I changed the fuel filter, and I'm pretty bad about giving it 87 octane, so I'm pretty sure that it's just a dirty fuel system. I bought some cleaner and a new filter, so I'll wait and see if it fixes the problem, but just so that I'm not barking up the wrong tree, couldn't the distributor be causing a similar problem? which is more likely the cause?

MT-2500
05-31-2007, 06:06 PM
My 2000 blazer has recently started choking out both during idling and in motion. It will lose drive power randomly, like it's not getting fuel. There's a knocking sound when it happens. I can't remember the last time I changed the fuel filter, and I'm pretty bad about giving it 87 octane, so I'm pretty sure that it's just a dirty fuel system. I bought some cleaner and a new filter, so I'll wait and see if it fixes the problem, but just so that I'm not barking up the wrong tree, couldn't the distributor be causing a similar problem? which is more likely the cause?

Welcome to AF.
A fuel filter and air filter is a good place to start.
What engine and how many miles on it since last tune up?
Is the knock a spark knock or other knock?
Got any codes or check engine lights?

Add your comment to this topic!