Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 lesabre rear brakes

G3mInI
05-29-2007, 05:33 PM
An odd problem has developed on my 92 lesabre. The right rear brake constantly sticks. Took it to a local mechanic and he stated that the pads are cheap and they have swelled up. He said he backed of the pads using the adjuster a bit and if it happens again to just tap the brakes to release it. That was 3 weeks ago now. The situation is now worse than ever. It went from sticking on occasion to sticking more and more frequently and not releasing. Sometimes going faster than 60 will release it. The car vibrates and shakes violently when this happens.

What can I do as a home mechanic with limited tools?

I was wondering if maybe it had something to do with the emergency brake cable keeping the brakes on. The mechanic said he checked out all the hardware and it all looked good. What would cause brakes to stick on one side only and not on the other?

Any advice here would be most appreciated as it is now a chore just go to the store and get some groceries which is about 6 miles away.

G3mInI

maxwedge
05-29-2007, 08:04 PM
You have to check all the brake mechanism for proper operation, wheel cyl return, the parking brake linkage and cable for return, if not using the p' brake shouldn't be a problem any way, no magic all these components must be checked.

Add your comment to this topic!