Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

flickering lights

mousetrap351
05-28-2007, 12:04 PM
anybody know what the fix is for tsb#15438? its for the dome lights flickering at random, and at times , staying on. please email me or post on here if you know what the fix is, thanx, mark mousetrap351@aol.com

wiswind
05-28-2007, 06:24 PM
The most common issue with the dome light staying on.....can also cause the flickering when it should be off..... is a issue with one of the door sensor switches.
These are what cause the light to come on when you open the door... They can become dirty, worn, etc and cause the problem you mention.

Each door will have this......including the back hatch.
My driver's door sometimes seems to cause this problem when it has rained.

RickMN
05-28-2007, 10:03 PM
That number is not a valid Ford TSB number. There are several TSBs on electrical problems for your vehicle--most have to do with pinched wires. I can't find one that specifically addresses the dome light. Where did you get it? Most of the lighting problems on Fords can be traced directly to a sticking door latch switch. Instead of using a pin switch near the hinge of the door, Ford changed to a switch located in the latch assembly. Most of the time, all that's needed is a good shot of electrical contact cleaner or WD-40. On the rear hatch, some switches use a roller ball that gets sticky. Again, use contact cleaner and perhaps a light lube. Get back to us with a better number for the TSB.

mousetrap351
05-29-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/ this is the site where I got the tsb, wasnt sure it was a ford number, thanks for the help,mark

Add your comment to this topic!