Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C Clutch

DjDio
05-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I have a 1993 Buick LeSabre and im having problems with my A/C. It is fully charged with new refridgerant and oil. It doesnt appear that the clutch is slipping, but it keeps clicking on and off about every 30 seconds. When it is on the A/C works and blows cold air but when it shuts off no A/C. The high side piping is ice cold and the low is warm. Shouldnt it be the other way around?

HotZ28
05-26-2007, 08:17 PM
We need some more info here; did you change the refrigerant over to R134? If so, did you change the accumulator/drier, the orifice screen and flush the system? Have you checked low & high side pressure? The low side hose and accumulator should be cold and the high side should be hot!

This sounds like a clogged orifice screen. Your compressor may also be on its last stroke, if so, you need to change the compressor, orifice screen and the accumulator/drier. Of course, the system must be flushed and new oil installed along with a good vacuum pulled with the new parts!

DjDio
05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
I bought the car like this and it has r134a in it. By your reply it sounds like a big ordeal. Nothing i want to get into.

Add your comment to this topic!