Steering racks on theese are JUNK

veedubmechanic
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
replaced 2 in the past week. Inner tie rods loose causing clunk. One had 38K on it the other has 42k on it. Cant replace the inner tie rods due to the design where the inner rod is part of the rack assembly. Good thing there a snap to replace at about 30min + an alignment!

sweninge
03-12-2008, 07:49 AM
replaced 2 in the past week. Inner tie rods loose causing clunk. One had 38K on it the other has 42k on it. Cant replace the inner tie rods due to the design where the inner rod is part of the rack assembly. Good thing there a snap to replace at about 30min + an alignment!
I have a 05 Magnum RT with the same clunking noise and a steering vibration to boot. What a joke! Can you believe I traded a VW Passat for this thing. What a mistake!

I have had it 4-wheeled aligned twice. I am on my third set of tires (last set wore to cords after 15,000 miles). Tires balanced a total of 5 times. Can't count the tire rotations I have done so many! Vibration and clunking still there.

Only 45,000 and the Dodge dealer says $1,100 to replace rack because they couldn't find the problem during the 3/36 warranty even though I reported it. Are there other people out there who have had the same problem? Should it be a recall or better yet a class action???

First and LAST Dodge I ever own!

GEN XER
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Yes I have the vibration issue on my SRT8, so having what they say is the top model does not change a thing. This is the worst POS car I have ever owned and I cant give it away. I have a VW GTI so mine just sits in the driveway. I am looking at getting the CC next year.

madmanmapper
04-30-2008, 02:27 PM
You will take it and you will like it.

Add your comment to this topic!