Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 csfi fuel line o-rings sequence?

rrruschman
05-22-2007, 07:15 PM
I have a 2000 blazer 4.3 and I am doing the intake manifold gasket. Does anybody know the sequence of the o-rings, plastic spacer and metal washer that goes on the top of the 2 fuel lines going into the manifold. Thanks for any help.

muddog321
05-23-2007, 06:20 AM
As I recall its o-ring, plastic, o-ring, metal (metal is on top or first on so holds all others down as the mess is inserted. This is the worst part of the reassembly getting the fusl lines on and in. Easier if done before the dist is reinstalled to reach those fuel line (by firewall) metal line o-rings and connectors. Not sure how GM does it but on the main assembly I carefully inserted one o-ring and then the plastic spacer in the housing, put the metal ring on the pipe and then the other o-ring, then some light oil and inserted carefully - could never get all in if on the fuel pipe and I've done 4 in the last year. Have to be careful not to nick or cut those rings and sounds silly but cover all around the intake with a light or white towel so if one of those o-rings or washers jumps off you can find it again as a $35 kit only at GM.
Correctly torque that intake to 11 ft lbs in sequence and use the sealer around those front water jacket holes (do not use the higher older 35 ft lbs 94-95 use).

Add your comment to this topic!