Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

buying a honda accord

seerose92
05-22-2007, 03:22 PM
i probably should have posted here and sorry about that. I am looking into buying a used accord preferrably a LX coupe. The thing is is that my dad wants me to get a sedan. can anyone tell me the pros and cons about both or either and info would be great. thanks

speedracer1407
05-23-2007, 12:53 AM
i probably should have posted here and sorry about that. I am looking into buying a used accord preferrably a LX coupe. The thing is is that my dad wants me to get a sedan. can anyone tell me the pros and cons about both or either and info would be great. thanks

What year?

The Accord is a great car. Comparing the sedan and the accord objectively is pretty futile; it's the same damn car despite the fact that 1998-present coupes have different bodywork. There are no suspension or engine enhancements on the coupe.
In addition to subjectively "better" looks, there's a certain "personal car" feeling about all coupes. But if any of that business isn't particularly important, consider that carting around friends in a coupe can be a real pain in the ass. The back seat is a wee bit smaller, and more cramped for headroom, and even though you won't be sitting back there yourself, either you or your shotgun passenger will have to get out of the car to let back seat passengers in and out. An obvious fact of owning a coupe, but in my experience, one that gets really annoying really often.

seerose92
05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
well, i was thinking between '00-'04. my parents dont really want me driving around anyone. I personally like the coupe but i know that the sedan is more realistic. i have time to think about it but thanks anyways.

Add your comment to this topic!