Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How could I go about this...

JScharF
05-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Ok I dont know about you guys but I flat out love the stock tailights.. Its part the reason I bought the car... But theres one thing about it. I want the center piece to be lit up. I was looking at my headlights, and i saw that They have clips that you could take the plastic peice off. If the tailights were anything similar would I be able to take the stock plastic peice off and get an aftermarket one with the lights in it already and put it on? Or could I just drill some holes and put some in myself? I really want the whole wraparound lit but I'm not sure how to do it.

spyderturbo007
05-22-2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.2gnt.com/www/files/illuminatedtail.htm

That will be $3.

JScharF
05-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Sweet! Thanks, to get the whole thing as bright as the rest of it though would i be able to put stronger bulbs or more? I'm aiming for it to be about the same as the tail lights.

Mikelb
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Check with your state laws, in some places, it might be illegal for them to be as bright as the tail lights, if they are on all the time... if they only come on with the tail lights, I would assume that you would be fine...

I would run a different type of light though... not one that small... maybe like a 12" white neon or two...

SilvrEclipse
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I actually thought about doing this when I first got my car. Never really tried to get it to work but it would look nice if it lite up just when the lights were on. Not the break lights.

Mikelb
05-22-2007, 01:00 PM
I actually think with a neon tube or some leds this would look really good, wire it to the parking lights... again, I'm not sure a/b the legality though... for the most part you probably wouldn't get harassed, but there might be some asshole cop that would pull ya for it...

There are laws against how bright a light can be and what colors they can shine, etc... and I'm not sure if this would be considered the reflection of the light (I got pulled because you could see my neons, officer said you can only legally see the reflection)...

someone do it with some leds or neon tubes and post pics... or buy me a 2G and I'll do it:p

Add your comment to this topic!