Light Scratches on Windsheild

firebirdycamaro
05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Anyone got any tips of how to remove some the abrasion caused by steel wire rope?? I've heard clear nail polish remover anyone ever tried it?
Thanks!

Earlsfat
05-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I have no idea :disappoin , but if you find out how to fix friggin DEEP scratches from a window guide that lost its cover :banghead: ... let me know. :grinyes:

Savage Messiah
05-22-2007, 03:40 AM
compound wax maybe?

note - I take NO RESPONSIBILITY if that turns otu to be a very bad idea.

ikeyballz
05-22-2007, 07:06 AM
err is it a new camaro? if so, dont use any abrasive.. the glass wont bead water as nice. i tried to take off water stains using chrome polish on a small section of my back windshield.. it used to bead water real good but now that section just gets wet and doesnt bead..

if you want, they have special kits to fix it.. go to like a checkers.. it looks like a small tube of epoxy and a suction cup..

wrightz28
05-22-2007, 09:36 AM
, but if you find out how to fix friggin DEEP scratches from a window guide that lost its cover :banghead: ... let me know. :grinyes:

:thinkerg: 40 grit DA and a wire wheel? :disappoin maybe not

Honestly, try a good glass shop out for advice or maybe even a low buck quote.

Earlsfat
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
:thinkerg: 40 grit DA and a wire wheel? :disappoin maybe not

Honestly, try a good glass shop out for advice or maybe even a low buck quote.

Yeeeeeeaaaaah. I know, gotta buy new. Its so bad its almost a hole :lol: . I guess prior owner didn't hear the scraping sound, didn't see the glass dust all over, or notice the gouges right in front of the damned sideview mirror. :disappoin

volkerc
05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
the eastwood company sells 2 kits one for light scratches one for deep scratches. i used the one for light scratches and it works.

stieh2000
05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Hydroflouric Acid (HF) works really good at smoothing out glass, just don't get any on you,

Add your comment to this topic!