Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Upgrade time

JDM2JZ
05-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums. I have a 94 n/a supra and I am in need of some more power. I have a 53k mile engine that was installed by TRD Northwest by the previous owner of the car. I was wondering what kind of horsepower I could get out of upgrading the NA to a single turbo versus swapping in a TT engine and converting to single turbo from there. I know going to a TT would produce a more efficient and higher horsepower vehicle but I would like to know my options for upgrading the current NA since it has such low mileage and I presume would be considerably less expensive. Also if anyone has an idea what sort of prices I should expect to see from performance shops regarding a single turbo upgrade. It would be appreciated

TcmaBoy
05-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Do the engine swap.

flyinMKIV
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Well as you already know your going to be limited on how much power you could make with a NA engine due to the compression and other factors but with the right parts and work done to the car you should be able to get out at least 500-600 that could be relatively street reliable. You would have a better platform to start off with if you were to just do the engine swap but I would strongly recommend if your going to do that, the next thing you want to look at is going to be brakes and suspension before you get into getting more power out of the engine, but that's just me. As far as doing a single turbo swap it's really going to depend on the labor hours the shop you select charges, and the turbo/parts you buy but you pay for what you get so I wouldn't cut corners. Good luck with it though

Add your comment to this topic!