Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New 07 Aveo owner in the house

jncivic
05-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Well I did it. I traded in my 01 F150 4x4 Lariat for a brand new Aveo LT(7miles on her). Even trade for her. Im sad that I got rid of my baby. But Im glad that I got a new one. Im pleased with the mpg. Im averaging about 33mpg city and highway mixed. Very luxurious and roomy. Well guys I still have my 07 Tahoe so the depletion of the ozone layer will still continue on my behalf:smokin:

Robert

hink123321
05-20-2007, 09:08 PM
I have been seriously looking at a new Aveo. The one thing I don't like what i see so far is the doors don't come with bodyside protective moldings to gaurd against door dings. I know this is petty on my part but people in parking lots are idiots when it comes to this. I don't understand why the Aveo doesn't come with them. I would assume that you could take it somewhere and have them installed. The other thing about the Aveo(and other cars as well)isthe lack of cruise control. Again maybe I could get an aftermarket one installed. I really do like the Aveo for what it is. Yes it's a small car but there is so much interior room. So your pretty satisfied with your's? How does it ride on the highway? How comfortable are the seats?

jncivic
05-21-2007, 02:53 AM
You now what I am actually very impressed with the 07 Aveo LT sedan with auto. It comes with cruise control. The ride is very smooth and the seats are comfortable. Actually some the best seats I sat in for a car so far. Im getting about 350 miles to the tank if I dont use the AC. But when I use it I get about 260. And that is on the city streets/highway mixture. The tires a bit loud at highway speeds. The 6 speaker stereo sounds nice. Just as clear as my Tahoe. All in all im very satisfied. I drove the 5 speed hacth and was not impressed with gears. Especially 1st. I kept finding 3rd. And the Aveo sedan has a big blind spot. Im not looking to modify her besides 17s and a muffler. Looks is all im looking for. Well hoped I help with your decision.

Robert

iluvnewcarsmell
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Re: New 07 Aveo owner in the house
I have been seriously looking at a new Aveo. The one thing I don't like what i see so far is the doors don't come with bodyside protective moldings to gaurd against door dings. I know this is petty on my part but people in parking lots are idiots when it comes to this. I don't understand why the Aveo doesn't come with them. I would assume that you could take it somewhere and have them installed. The other thing about the Aveo(and other cars as well)isthe lack of cruise control. Again maybe I could get an aftermarket one installed. I really do like the Aveo for what it is. Yes it's a small car but there is so much interior room. So your pretty satisfied with your's? How does it ride on the highway? How comfortable are the seats?

i just bought the Aveo LT Sedan this week. Gas mileage has, thus far, been incredible! It is extremely roomy and VERY well-equipped comparing to those in its class. Mine has leather interior and is not the most comfortable seat I have ever driven. I believe that as I wear the car in, it will improve drastically. I do not know how this compares to the cloth alternative. It has many creature comforts that I look for in a car and comes standard with alloys. (LT trim). The highway ride is very smooth and quiet (5-spd), but does not hold to strong cross-winds very well -- but what do you expect from a car of this size? Overall, I am very happy with my purchase!

cmhj2000
05-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Must admit I'm tempted to buy one but wondering if GM, with all their problems, have straightened out Deawoo's problems.

hink123321
06-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Well I didn't buy the Aveo. I test drove a 2004 Cavalier 2-door. The 2.2 ecotec motor is one fine engine. The Aveo is a very nice car and i'm convinced GM will sell many of them. My Cavalier is in mint shape. In the end I just didn't want to have car payments. 99% of the Cavaliers mileage will be interstate driving so with regular oil changes it should go many years. My other vehicle is a 2001 Extended cab S-10 with the 4.2L. That is one sweet engine. So i'm officially a GM family. I plan on having these 2 vehicles for quite some time.

Alexo5
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Congrats dude, make sure to lock your doors, :) someone tried to steal mine :(

Add your comment to this topic!