96 maxima 3.0 engine will not start at all!! Help!

Ferngee
05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I have a 96 Maxima with a 3.0 engine in it.. It will not start at all .. the only codes popping up are P0443B- which pertain to evap purge system. None of the six coil packs are getting fire to them. What could it possibly be??? What can you all recommend?... by the way...Car will turn over..but will not start.. plenty of fire from battery..

Nahkapohjola
05-21-2007, 03:46 PM
ECU drives the ign coils: ECU can be damaged, more possibly two critical sensors simultaneously 'dead'. CAM/Crank sensor plus MAF?

(Inhibit switches like security, gear selector, brake pedal sw kill the starter circ...)

Check this page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14, also p.9

Toolman5523
05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Well, a Mass airflow sensor will not cause a no-spark concern. And the chances of two sensors going south at the same time, slim. The ecm controls the firing of the coils. Make sure your inputs to the ecm are good especially batt. and ground. Check to see if you are getting anything to the coils: volts, signal, ground. Then check your ecm, make sure no water damage from a/c, or bad motor mount smoked it. Yes, a bad motor mount if it is electric, and it shorts out internally can fry an ecm

FixUrNissan
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I have a Question back to you .. Do your Keys have a Chip in it? If they do , that will cause the no spark .

Toolman5523
05-22-2007, 09:51 PM
I believe the Nats system equipped on the early models would just shutdown everything. No spark, no fuel, not even crank.

FixUrNissan
05-22-2007, 10:58 PM
You might want to start checking the harness, input and output voltages. It seems like you have a sudden bunch of problems from what i have been reading. Either a wiring problem or Ecm problem. I actually have a good Ecm for a 96 max i believe and Tcm.

ModifiedMCS
05-31-2007, 03:37 AM
If your car cranks, but no start. I would check the crankshaft position sensor. That sensor let the computer know when piston #1 is TDC for spark and fuel and so on.

I have a 96 Maxima with a 3.0 engine in it.. It will not start at all .. the only codes popping up are P0443B- which pertain to evap purge system. None of the six coil packs are getting fire to them. What could it possibly be??? What can you all recommend?... by the way...Car will turn over..but will not start.. plenty of fire from battery..

Nahkapohjola
05-31-2007, 09:18 AM
The Nissan manual indicates that in such case (any single sensor failure) the engine would be runnin in safemode (=2.2k rpm ceiling). ... Easy to tst by unpluggin sensor wire.

Add your comment to this topic!