Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

police auctions

bestinbmore
05-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Ok Im from forestville maryland and im very close to washington,Dc but I really want a crown victoria and the best place to get them seems like a police auction. The only problem is I cant find one and I was wondering Is there a way I can get any help finding where one is in maryland or Dc?

03cvpi
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Call your local state police and ask when they have them, they are supposed to be published in the newspaper but can be hard to find. You could even call some of the local city governments to find out about thier auctions.

Stale Trooper
05-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Ok Im from forestville maryland and im very close to washington,Dc but I really want a crown victoria and the best place to get them seems like a police auction. The only problem is I cant find one and I was wondering Is there a way I can get any help finding where one is in maryland or Dc?
I can't help with Maryland or DC, but can contribute what happens here in Kansas. The KHP retires their cars at about 45,000. and they generally remove all the "cop stuff" except spotlights. The cars are sold in the state capitol (Topeka). The buyer gets the entire vehicle history, from what I understand. The normal asking price runs around $4500 cash.

Local (PD & Sheriff) sales are usually held as public auctions, and the price is determined by the bids. Mileage is usually somewhat higher, and getting the service records is "Iffy" depending on the agency, so, these factors generally will result in lower prices.

The agency that had mine didn't keep ANY records, So, I'm having to keep a closer eye on everything.

Good Luck!!

way2old
05-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Check www.govdeals.com www.publicsurplus.com

Add your comment to this topic!