Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 cavalier runs hard from start

warrenwesley
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
I have a 2.2 cavalier that is missing horribly and dies within 10 seconds of starting if i dont play with the throttle this problem just started with the car missing when it warmed up. i have replaced the coil,plugs,wires,injectors, cleaned throttle body new air filter , fuel filter and still no better ive hit a dead end as for what it could be any ideas? :banghead:

OverAllComa
05-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Fuel Pressure Regulator? I had a similar problem that turned out to be a pinhole leak in the FPR. Slightly rough but got absolutely nuts when it hit operating temperature.

glenn82855
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
97 cavalier getting gas; firing turn over but not start.

OverAllComa
05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
97 cavalier getting gas; firing turn over but not start.
Then make a thread about it instead of trying to make half-assed hijacks in broken english.

noshun
05-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a 2.2 cavalier that is missing horribly and dies within 10 seconds of starting if i dont play with the throttle this problem just started with the car missing when it warmed up. i have replaced the coil,plugs,wires,injectors, cleaned throttle body new air filter , fuel filter and still no better ive hit a dead end as for what it could be any ideas? :banghead:

bad ground, clean battery terminals and everyground you can find most notably the one at the starter and clean them with rough sandpaper. and even if that doesn't work which it possibly will it's free.

in this situation it's either a ground or the coilpacks but you've replace them so it's a ground, could be a broken gound wire but probably a corroded connection

warrenwesley
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
bad ground, clean battery terminals and everyground you can find most notably the one at the starter and clean them with rough sandpaper. and even if that doesn't work which it possibly will it's free.

in this situation it's either a ground or the coilpacks but you've replace them so it's a ground, could be a broken gound wire but probably a corroded connection

I have tried the fpr but ill try cleaning all the grounds i have already tried the terminals no luck there

thank you and i appreciate the input

Add your comment to this topic!