Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Purchasing New Accord

LBniner
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Help please...

I'm looking to buy a new Honda Accord. It needs to have a manual tranny and I want the V6. The problem is that the economy V6 models only come in automatic. MSRP on the ONLY V6-Manual version is $27,400, which i can't afford. I'm pissed off that there's a hole in their product line for the car that i want.

Is there any way to get the manufacturer or dealer to reduce the price of the $27,400 model to around $23,500 ??? I'm hoping that they can strip a car of the luxury features (Wheels, 6-Disk Changer, Leather Seats... all that nonsense) and put it in my price range.

Is that possible?

n8zdogg
05-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Why not ask a dealer if they can order it for you? Or go with a used loaded model.....I just recently came across an 04 Accord coupe loaded with V6 and 6 spd. All service records and only 29,000 miles $17,000....If you're hell bent on a new car, prepare yourself for a 20-30% depreciation the moment you drive it off the lot. I bought my Accord used with 82,000 miles on it, and its by far the best car I've ever owned...and I'll likely buy another Honda, but not a brand new one.

Add your comment to this topic!