Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Starting Problems

Donald Warner
05-15-2007, 06:54 AM
I have a 1993 Jimmy, and my problem is, and I hope someone can give me some assistance with this. I have one of those ugly starter problems, and it just started, I can go a day or a week or even weeks, then all of a sudden when I attempt to start it, it wont start, the starter does not even click, it is as if their is no charge going to the starter, I have checked the battery, the cables and their connections, and they are secure. All other electrical items work fine, then all of a sudden when I try it again, it will start as if nothing is wrong. Any assistance would be a great help, Thank you.

Donald Warner
05-16-2007, 09:50 PM
More on my starting problem, Today, I went out to start it, nothing happened, no cranking sound no nothing, 1 hour later and a few choice words, It started up as if nothing was wrong, and I did not do anything to it. All I did was put the key in the switch turned it and behold it started. I hope someone can give me a few ideas as to where to start looking for this problem. Thank you. Donald

jammyjim
05-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Start at the starter and work your way back. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you replace the starter, just test it...test it all. You also might try jumping the starter at the post when it is having one of its fits. If you can get it to turn then you can reasonably assume its not the starter.

Add your comment to this topic!