Engine Swap? 4cyl. to 6cyl. 6-speed?

lilmazz6i
05-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Hey, ive had my mazda for bout 2 years and i havent liked it cuz it wasnt manual and then i tried gettin a new car and i realized it would be to expensive, so i just figoured i would use wut i have cuz i do see a some potental in this car. The question is tho can i put a 6 cylinder 6 speed engine in a v4 automatic? if i can how much would it cost me and would it be to difficult ? get back to me ASAP. thanx... - Manu -

Rowen'sSpec-V
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes you can do the swap, It would be kind of costly. The most expensive things are the engine and tranny. Basically you'll need the mount setup in your car, as well as the entire swap for the 3.0. You'll require the ECU harness, engine all accessories, transmission with the shift linkage and shifter. Thats the basis of a swap. You'll need the axles too, and may need the hub assembly. It is kind of expensive. But if you decide that you might like to do this, i could probably source some parts for you, and you'ld have to find a shop to do this for you. What kind of a time frame would you be looking at doing this.

Patrick
RowenSpeed Motorsports.

Raz_Kaz
07-19-2007, 10:48 PM
why would you want to do that? Im assuming it's for more power so then why dont you just get a turbo kit? It will cost less and you get more power and more fun to tune etc.

drdisque
12-07-2007, 03:29 AM
First of all, it's an Inline 4, not a "V4"

Secondly, the V6 never came with a 6 speed - it came with an automatic or a 5 speed manual.

Finally, you'd be better off just selling your car and buying a similarly used V6 manual. It'll be a lot cheaper and a lot less hassle.

MazdaX
12-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Not to mention a 4 cylinder 6 i is not meant for the front end weight of the 6 cylinder motor. Would have to change more than its worth. Turbo or trade in for a lower end / model car.

Add your comment to this topic!