Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 A6

dcmaynard
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I have an 01 A6 Quattro 2.8. this is my First Audi and probably last since they are so expensive to fix but that is besides the point. The screen in the middle of the dash looks like it is going out. it has lines missing in a few places. Does that mean it is going out or is it somthing that I can fix? Also I have heard that it has a Bose stereo system is this true or not?
Last question is, is it in all wheel drive all the time or does it run in 2wd until awd is needed?

MXlonerider
07-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm not even an Audi owner (yet), but seeing as there haven't yet been any responses, I'll try and answer what I can. From what I know:
The instrument screen will need to be replaced. Not sure how costly it is (no telling), but it is a common thing, so if you call a dealership or somebody familiar with Audi's, they should know. As for the stereo.. dunno. And the Quattro AWD system, unless it's experiencing "technical difficulties", it should be full-time.

kam300m
10-23-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a 2001 2.7t Quattro, the all wheel drive runs all of the time and it does have a Bose Stereo system, the amp and sub box are formed in the right rear quarter panel!

Wolverine416
04-05-2008, 05:57 PM
1. the ribbon on the inside of the cluster has become loose. Depending on the severity it has to be changed. Or spacers can be added to correct this.
2. Yes it has Bose and should say so on the speaker grill
3. It is AWD at all times

Add your comment to this topic!