Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2004 VUE Redline transmission question

samprix
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I have an 04 VUE Redline with 5spd auto and AWD, and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this type of issue. When I shift into drive the transmission gives me a double bump. Normally, with other automatics, you shift into drive then about a second later you feel the trans engage into drive. This car engages twice. It feels as if it engages, then attempt to accelerate and it engages again. It reminds me of an old Dodge van I used to have. I am concerned that it takes too long to fully engage into drive and someone is going to damage or, at minimum put additional stress on the drive train components by assuming that after the first bump you are ready to go. But, you have to wait for the second bump before it's ready. I took it to the dealer and they said that this was normal, but other VUEs I have driven did not act this way. The dealer also said that it does this because it is a Redline. I was under the impression that there are no differences between redline and regular VUEs as far as the drivetrains are concerned.

sorry for the long post

Any thoughts??

sierrap615
05-15-2007, 12:29 AM
as for the double slam i don't know. but that transmission is the same as other non red line VUEs but only the ones with the 3.5L engine and AWD, the redline VUEs are basicly just an appearince package with tweaked power stearing.

Add your comment to this topic!