Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

extremely low boost

cantgo2fast
05-13-2007, 12:52 AM
I cant make boost past about 4psi ill have the pedal to the floor and it just wont go it kinda seems like its bouncing off the rev limiter but its at only 3k rpm or so. I looked through 1000qs on vfaq and found that the ECu will shut off the BCS if it detects knock. Wouldnt knocking give me check engine light. I think what might have causd it was while i was racing the engine again, sounded like it bounced of the rev limiter but it was only 6500rpm not the usual 7k and then the problem started. Its gas cuz i immediately filled it with 91 octane and it kept going. None of the intake/IC pipes are off. mainly my question is wouldnt a bcs shutoff due to knock cause a check engine light? as to a/f ratio under the extremely low boost im getting 10:1 on a narrowband. And when i rev in neutral it will shutoff at 6500rpm again. sorry thats so long i just wanted to give as much info as possible

spyderturbo007
05-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Knock won't cause a CEL unless you are running one of Jeff's chips or the ECU isn't receiving any feedback from the knock sensor. Do you have a CEL?

Have you checked your wastegate actuator arm? Are you sure the cotter key didn't fall out.

cantgo2fast
05-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Well i checked all my piping again and one of my intercooler hoses had fallen off but its the one thats under the intake so i didnt see it right away but i re attatched it and it works fine except i lost about 1/2lb of boost but at least its running right

spyderturbo007
05-15-2007, 07:11 AM
You really need to do a leak check.

cantgo2fast
05-16-2007, 12:00 AM
i know. this weekend im finally out of school and have lots of time! ill do a bunch of stuff install link injectors headstuds boost leak test all new fluids and a few more things off the free mods list

Add your comment to this topic!