Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

350z Aftermarket photos ( Veilside )

3rd_Optic
10-20-2002, 08:20 PM
These pictures really change my mind. I am in love with Z's allover again. This damn thing has potential. I'm not too crazy about some interior things but the can be overlooked. I also called Stillen ....the rep said that there is something serious coming out for this beast. I look forward to seeing it.....whatever it is. So it seems that forced induction is officially on the way...Heh heh heh!!!!

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3106/pic01.jpg

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3106/pic02.jpg

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3106/pic03.jpg

http://www.speedoptions.com/articles/3106/pic04.jpg

importriders
10-21-2002, 11:44 AM
It's a supercharger and it sitcks out of the hood. You need to put a bubble on the hood. Do a search at my350z.com. They have pics of it from the Stillen event that happened recently in LA.

ryskt
10-21-2002, 12:07 PM
Don't you feel silly slapping a bunch of plastic to your car and driving it around like you're some sort of pimp or something? Why can't you just leave it the way it is, or maybe if you add something, be subtle about it. You don't have to make the car look like something out of a pulp comic simply because you can.

Sheesh, layoff the ground effects.

ImportNut1212
10-21-2002, 01:40 PM
so, ryskt, your saying that the body kit on that 350z looks bad? like something out of teh comic books? wow, i'm surprised. i would think most people who like nissans would like that car, and kit. i personaly think it really enhances the look of the car, as well as helping hte aerodynamics of it all. its not just all show, its functional as well. i think ground effects help make the car more a part of you, more original and unique.

ryskt
10-21-2002, 10:28 PM
Yes, I think the pictures of the aftermarket mods make the car look cluttered and plasticy.

I think Nissan goes a bit far in their ground effects application on occasion (20th Anniversary Maxima for example). And I definetly think many, many owners go too far. You don't have to make your car look like a rocketship simply to make people stare at you in traffic.

I'm not really a big Nissan fan for any particular reason, but I do like the new Z. I have nothing against mods, I like the wheels in the pictures, but the plastic bits tacked on are over the top in my opinion.

Pat1USMC
10-23-2002, 10:11 AM
I totally agree with Ryskt. Why mess with such a beautiful car? But those pictures aren't as bad as i expected. At least its not that crazy.
Customizing though has gone way too far. I believe a customized car looks good when it keeps the same features and lines of the original car but adds subtle, SUBTLE, accents and changes. For some reason now there is this new wave of making your car look completely ridiculous by slapping crap on everywhere you can, and then of course, putting a spoiler as large as a house on the back, thereby slowing down the car.

warpedmindZ
10-23-2002, 03:05 PM
:( you managed to take a beautiful car and turn in to a little rice burning piece of shit. you took away from the cars natural curves and replaced them with harsh veilside edges that totally turn the car in to an ugly piece of ghetto shit. dont mess with a good thing. i think that some sort of body kit could easily be applyed to this car to make it look alittle more aggressive but i do think that you should stay with in the general " round " look that the car came with. i think that nissan did a great job with the design and to want to change it before it has even been on the market for a year is obsered. as a Z owner my self i think we all need to step back and really take a look at just how great the car looks right out of the factory.

240SXXX
10-23-2002, 03:34 PM
i'm not a fan of body kits either but here are my thoughts:

wheels look good. best thing about those pics.

front lip is a huge improvement over stock but not quite there yet.

rear wing is ok. if youre into shit like that.

not so hot about the side sills.

lose the custom graphics. its distracting and annoying.

skylinegtr34
10-24-2002, 01:43 AM
Veil Side Rice? You all must be out of your minds. If you knew anything about Veilside you would know this kit is functional as well as looks good. Makes the car look plasticy? Have you ever seen a Veilside Kit in person? Dont get it confused with a Wings West kit you see a lot of these kids running around with. The only part on the car i find questionable is the wing. I personally thing the Nismo wing looks better. To anyone that doesnt like these kits and think they are rice you know nothing about the import seen and are too old to be driving this car. Go get a midlife crisis car like the Z06.

skylinegtr34
10-25-2002, 01:57 AM
The point of body kits is to make your can look unique. To have one of a kind. Where I live there are a lot of Z's running around for the scarcity of it, and trust me when they hit the lots there will be tons. So you would want something to make it stand out from all the other 350 Z's.

350z4me
10-25-2002, 05:08 PM
I think the wing looks ok but every thing else is ugly

tomlong
10-25-2002, 06:03 PM
I like the Nismo kit much better than the Veilside kit. I truly do not think the car needs a kit at all, but do agree that there will be alot of Z's on the road and subtle kits would help yours stand out from others.

kinglifer
06-06-2003, 10:09 PM
What you guys think about this kit?

I am trying HARD to get this kit. keeps the car round. clean. and tight.

the wing is a bit Porshie but dam... I love it.

I see way too many Z's I beat them only cuz I have a wing... stock at that.

so I agree easy on the plastic... but this kit... I am sorry. its nice.

kinglifer
06-06-2003, 10:14 PM
honestly... the rims are not nice.

I bought that wing from BC Autodesign. belive me... it looks good. but I am not putting it on. any one intrested in this wing please contact me at 416-830-7560

nissan350ztt
06-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Why do you flame on other people's cars. It's their car, they can do what they want to it. And believe me, you may think it looks like crap. But veilside knows what they are doing, otherwise they wouldn't be rich. I like the way the Z looks stock, but one, there is always room for improvement, even a ferrari. Two, some body kits look good. Three, some help aerodynamics.

Add your comment to this topic!