question on restoration

xrtdx8
05-12-2007, 12:23 AM
ok some people might freak out about this. I'm looking to get a challenger to "restore" it, i don't want a convertible or vinyl roof, but as you probably know its hard to find what you want. So my question: is it possible to remove the vinyl and then paint the roof, or is the vinyl roof going to be way different then the ones that are factory painted?

maxwedge
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
The vinyl can come off and the roof painted.

Scrapper
05-16-2007, 01:19 PM
if restoring it you want to keep it factory because i've seen them on auction for $80.000 my uncle about flipped he bought one new and sold it and when he seen this oboy..but keep it O.E. if i was you..but yes you can paint..good luck..

xrtdx8
05-16-2007, 06:44 PM
if restoring it you want to keep it factory because i've seen them on auction for $80.000 my uncle about flipped he bought one new and sold it and when he seen this oboy..but keep it O.E. if i was you..but yes you can paint..good luck..

when i said restor i meant restor to my liking, i'm not goin to be goin for resale, thanks though

xeroinfinity
05-16-2007, 08:01 PM
when i said restor i meant restor to my liking, i'm not goin to be goin for resale, thanks though

You know you can buy new rack & pinion steering for all these older Mopars with no cutting, made to fit !?

Thiers All sorts of stuff on the market if you arent going for a stock restore :grinyes:

Good Luck!

xrtdx8
05-16-2007, 09:31 PM
You know you can buy new rack & pinion steering for all these older Mopars with no cutting, made to fit !?

Thiers All sorts of stuff on the market if you arent going for a stock restore :grinyes:

Good Luck!

Thanks haven't really started looking into all that yet, was looking for a 440 six pack crate engine didn't seem to come across any though, just started looking for a car, but need to rebuild a garage first.

brady_381need72c10
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
but need to rebuild a garage first.

^what happend a "pontiac toranado" came whistlin' by and blew it down!:rofl:

xeroinfinity
05-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks haven't really started looking into all that yet, was looking for a 440 six pack crate engine didn't seem to come across any though, just started looking for a car, but need to rebuild a garage first

:uhoh: I thought you already had the Challenger....
They are becoming harder to find and more expensive everyday !

Double good luck on finding one that doesn't cost an arm & a leg :thumbsup:

xrtdx8
05-17-2007, 06:05 PM
^what happend a "pontiac toranado" came whistlin' by and blew it down!:rofl:

nope just really old still standing with some holes in the roof, unfortantly it won't fall down on its own so insurance can't help.

xrtdx8
05-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Double good luck on finding one that doesn't cost an arm & a leg :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

yea deffinetly don't have it yet. i wish my self luck

Add your comment to this topic!