Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wheres the guy w/fans running all the time?

phil a
05-11-2007, 08:31 PM
I had the same problem,, and fixed it,, wanted to tell him but lost the contact,, It was the A/C switch located in the freon line that senses pressure when its HOT,, or a dirty condenser,, that sensor pulls in BOTH fans..bypasses everthing else iF sensor is in the closed mode.
I hope Im explaining it right....

jer1303
05-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I had the same problem on a Taurus I used to own. The high-pressure cut-out switch shorted, and kept both cooling fans on high all the time. Drove me mad trying to figure out what happend.

jkeaton224
05-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Hey, finally someone with a similar problem..2001 windstar, the fans don't run all the time, but they do run more than I am accustomed to. Seems like they come on even when it's cold outside. I've flushed the cooling system, replaced the thermostat, etc, but still the things just keep cutting on fun for several minutes, then cut off, then cut right back on again......where is this sensor located in the a/c lines and do you have to break into the lines to remove or replace it?? Thanks

phil a
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Its located just below the radiator,, lean over the radiator look down and a line running horizontally has a sensor pointing up with couple wires attached,,, thats it,, yes the system has to be opened to screw new sensor in,, so thats what cost so much.

wiswind
05-23-2007, 08:42 PM
The radiator fans should be ON at low speed whenever the A/C is active....and the vehicle is below a certain speed.
My '96 has the A/C active in the 2 A/C settings, Defrost......which is to be expected.....however....it is also active in the heat settings.
This is true even in the deep cold of Wisconsin winter.
The only 2 positions that the A/C on my '96 is NOT active is the OFF and VENT positions.

Add your comment to this topic!