Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

04 trailblazer seat wiring help?

SPORTCHICKEN
05-11-2007, 08:44 AM
I have 2004 leather power seats from a trailblazer. I'm trying to figure out the pin-outs so I can wire these up in my '72 blazer. I've figured out the main power and ground, but there are a number of other wires. maybe someone with acces to a GM service book or wiring diagram can help?

it looks like my seats are 8-way power, lumbar, air bags, and maybe a heater on the driver's side? I'm just trying to figure out which wire is which to plug these things up.

I got the pass. side seat to work fine just hooking up the power and ground leads, negating the rest of the wires.

the driver's side won't work, though. It has some sort of control module mounted under the seat that I suspect being the problem. I've tested the power, and it all goes into the box, but doesn't come out. i've jumped the power to the plug going directly to the motors, however, and they all work.

what do you think? could this control module be the problem?

also see the attached image of my pin-outs. it's a Delphi <PA66> connector, though that's pretty generic. (located here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showpost.php?p=2166403&postcount=5

THINGS i CAN THINK OF THAT MIGHT BE GOING INTO THE PLUG:
Seat belt fastener sensor
air bag deployment trigger
power
ground
maybe a heater signal, but not sure if it is equipped.

is there any reason an additional signal would be needed besides the main power to make the seats work?

one more question: I do not own a trailblazer, just the seats. Where would the seat heater switch be located? on the dash? Door? or would it have been an additional switch on the seat?

any help is appreciated...i'm just coming up with almost nothing on the web...

phewop118
05-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I dunno about the box - are there airbags in the seats????

As for the heated seats, the button is on the doors, on the arm rest thing. Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!