Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LOUD! scraping wheels on my Nissan Pulsar

Zane Howell
05-10-2007, 06:12 AM
Can someone please help me!!!!!!!!! When I drive my car i can hear a loud scraping sound coming from what seems like my back left tyre. I thought it was my disk scraping on my brakes so I changed my disk and my brakes but the problem is still the same. I saw a tyre shop person and they said it was scraping on the brake and I need to get another disk but why would the problem be exacty the same after I changed it over? could it be a brake fluid compression problem?

BornTheBoss
05-12-2007, 08:39 PM
It may be that the pads are worn all the way down and its rubbing metal. Replace the pads the rotors shouldnt cause that problem

mossie110
05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
a friend had the same problem with a merc he had, a scapping niose comming from the rear. we checked it over mind you it took a while to find the problem
it turned out one of the wheelnuts were to long and it was scapping on the cover over the rear brakes, it could be worth your while to have a look.
best of luck

mmcleo11
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Do you have aftermarket rims? If they are 16", 17" or 18" rims then the rim/tyre is rubbing on the shock absorber. I fitted camber bolts to my Pulsar to solve this problem.

Densis
11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you have aftermarket rims? If they are 16", 17" or 18" rims then the rim/tyre is rubbing on the shock absorber.
Nissan Newark (http://www.nesea.org/greencarclub/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=879) I fitted camber bolts to my Pulsar to solve this problem.

Zaebisi Pogodka!

inafogg
11-17-2007, 02:28 PM
if you check/replaced pads & still makes a scraping noise make sure splash shields are not bent & rubbing on rotor you also should be able to here it by raising wheel & turning. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!