Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Insallation Complete!

MercCougarXR7
09-10-2001, 07:17 PM
After a few hours being all pissed off on Saturday for not being able to figure it out, I completed the job this morning. I have to say, it was worth it. The sub is in my trunk, and pounds beautifully.

But, my factory speakers may need replacing. They are the Ford Premium sound speakers (made by JBL?), but they don't seem to have much bass capability any more. I now have incredible deep rolling bass, but I am looking for a mid-range bass with some thumping capability to go with that. So, I'm thinking of buying some nice 6X9's to mount in boxes under the rear parcel shelf, and wiring that into a small amp.

The question is, what size amp do I need to run the 6X9s? Can I wire that directly into the 8 guage wire I have for my 500 watt amp? Will I be affecting the sound quality of either amp's speakers?

Also, what kind of brand name should I go with?

Tireburner
10-01-2001, 09:13 AM
Actually, you might want to look at the size that are in there. If they are oblong, they are probably 4x10's. If you want to cut, you can put almost anything you want in there. If you want something to bolt in without cutting, find a Pioneer distributor near you. Pioneer makes good speakers for the price.

Remember, round speakers produce a better sound quality, so stay away from oblongs if at all possible.

MercCougarXR7
10-04-2001, 07:28 PM
Round does sound good :). I don't mind butchering the rear panel - I have to justify owning my Dremel somehow ;). I'm sure that they are NOT 4X10s, but 5X7's.

I have heard nothing but good things about Pioneer (except the price), and am heavily leaning towards that brand. I figure it's a winter purchase by now - I kinda used up my budget for car expenses on swaybars, and gear swap :).

RiDiN' dUb'Z 24/7
12-15-2004, 02:39 PM
the installation is lookin' pretty good

aznxthuggie
12-15-2004, 10:22 PM
i say u go for some 8's for that tight punchy kinda bass ur lookin for

Add your comment to this topic!