Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

inner tie rod

oops-sorry
05-06-2007, 09:58 PM
can somebody tell me what is involved in the changing of the passenger side inner tie rod? i just changed the outer (very simple), but im not sure about where the inner is. my hanes manual only describes the changing of the outer. any pictures would be appreciated also. btw im working on my 94 lumina. thanks

LMP
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
check this out
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=655217

oops-sorry
05-08-2007, 08:03 PM
thanks again. i got it changed but the way i did it was kinda different. i went to autozone and got their tool. that didnt work. i lowered the rear of the engine cradle to gain access to it to remove it. i still couldnt get a wrench on it. so i was getting desparate, because i needed my van for work in the morning. i noticed on the long part of the inner tie rod it was hexagon shaped and it was out in the open so i could get a wrench on it. obviously i couldnt use this to loosen the tie rod because it would turn inside itself. what i did was welded it solid and then put a wrench on the hexagon piece and it turned effortlessly because it heated up the threaded part also. i dont know if i would recommend this, but i was desparate.

LMP
05-08-2007, 10:44 PM
...All together we are getting more intelligent:grinyes:

oops-sorry
05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
lol

Add your comment to this topic!