Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 87 Supra Setup

Chris1337
10-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Hi all, im pretty new to the Street Racing/ Drag Racing scene, but Ill get to the point. I have a 1987 Toyota Supra w/o Turbo... Currently, the only things I have planned to put into it are..

- AEM Cold Air Intake
- python Fuel Injectors
- New Tires, and Rims
- DC Racing Headers
- DC Exhaust System
- Turbo Upgrader (near future)

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I should put in it?

:eek: :flipa:

NaWSSs
10-20-2002, 08:40 AM
find a written off turbo engine, steal the manifold, turbo, downpipe, oil lines, etc, strap it onto your NA and make about 4lbs boost. with your higher compression pistons thats about all you can expect

if you want more power, grab the entire damn engine. atleast that would be simpler than trying to beef up a 200HP factory powerplant.

btw you CANNOT make any seirous power with a 7MGE powerplant. maybe 250hp max, woopee. a 7MGTE with BPU can make over 300.... and cheaply

this is all spoken from experience

supra2fast4u
12-03-2002, 03:13 PM
I have a 1989 Supra w/o turbo. The first thing that I added to mine was a K&N intake. I had a custom made exhaust used a 2.5 inch downpipe with an Ecla muffler and that had two 2.5 inch tips on it just from that I noticed my car was staying allot cooler and noticable horsepower gain.
Also I put Iridium sparkplugs in and put fuel injectors in. If your planning on doing some street racing you may want to put a higher grade of shocks and struts in. If your planning on trying to add a turbo into that engine all i can say is good luck.. Ive wanted to upgrade my supra for sometime now into a turbo.. You might not believe me but it is actually cheaper to buy a used supra turbo engine they try to put a turbo on your engine.
If you have anymore questions about how to upgrade your car just IM me on AIM..

11 sec. mr2
12-03-2002, 09:22 PM
if you want to go the easier way sell your car and buy a turbo. but if you want to stay N/A there are alot more to do to the motor. 250 hp ha im there already and have only started. al i have is a header,2.5 91 factory turbo exhaust, cold air intake,advanced timing. im in the 240-250 range.

then you can still do mild cams, port and polish, 3 angle valve job, higher compression pistons, balanced crank and pistons, a 3" full mandrel bent exhaust, test pipe in place of the cat, electric fans, lightened flywheel and one piece driveshaft. cluthc and pressure plate upgrade,s-afc to tune your gas consumption, bored out throttle body,ignition system,and if you want build the motor for nitrous. im personally going to see how far i can get without NO2 but that should be good for atleast 300+rwhp. not to mention a 7500-8000rpm redline and a low 13 second to high 12 second quarter mile. and the best part NO TURBO LAG! but be prepared for alot of turbo guys beating down on you and continuing to tell you how slow your car is and to buy a turbo and stop wasting your time. but power on demand and low end torque is too much of an appeal for me to go turbo. turst me there are still a few other tricks to squeeze more power out the 7MGE than ppl give credit for. cya

supra-rx7
12-20-2002, 01:36 AM
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- python Fuel Injectors
- New Tires, and Rims
- DC Racing Headers
- DC Exhaust System
- Turbo Upgrader (near future)

WTF since when does DC make anything for the supra? i used to have an 87 NA before i got the 88 turbo, and i dont remember seeing dc make anything for us...and an AEM intake....only product from AEM for a supra i have seen is the fuel managment

well, since u have intake and exhaust...make sure u replace the main cat and resonator...have someone who knows what they;re doing advance your timing...get a fuel pump, AFC and have another professional tune it, port the crap out of everything, add some nitrous and, do all the stuff mr2 guy said that i left out, and run 11s with a highstall TC/race ready auto tranny/slicks/stripped interior/a good driver
:D

then you can still do mild cams
they make cams for the NA?

11 sec. mr2
12-21-2002, 05:31 PM
yeah they make cams for the N/A i belive but dont quote me this is from memory. something like 260 durations and 260 lift or something. thats the number but i dont remeber which one its for. and thats the mild cam. they still make a full on racing cam that it barely idles and is made for higher revving engines like 8000+rpm.

the AEM intake is prolly for a civic. i know the 94-00 civic cold air intake fits perfect and is the right diameter. so maybe hes talkin about that??

supra-rx7
12-22-2002, 10:42 PM
who makes the cams? you dont mean the ellusive HKS cams do you? and shouldnt the aftermarket NA cams fit turbo....the stockers are interchangeable, so shouldnt the aftermarket ones be too?

oh yeah, and i know for sure DC doesnt make any supra relate exhaust parts ;)

Add your comment to this topic!