Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help me out please

Raulito7988
05-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I have a 2005 Civic EX and it is completely stock and I was wondering what should I do to it first? Mainly I want to get more Hosepower and torque.

BrodyP
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Welcome to AF. Your Civic has a D17 engine SOHC so you will not be able to pull to much power from it unfortunately with only that one cam. You can ad a bit more pep by adding the usual bolt ons. Look for I/H/E intake, headers and exhaust. Intake and exhaust will give you nice sound and make you feel quicker but your numbers wont jump to much. If you really want speed throw a bottle on the car with a small shot 25 or so. Turbo and swapping are you other options but then you taking much more money and knowledge. I'd stick with a nice cold air intake and full cat back exhaust maybe some springs and you got yourself a nice ride. Try to not remove you cat because you will need that back pressure. Watch double posting and goodluck!

PoorDMotor
05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
the muffler on this car is bolt on, and easily removed in about 10 minutes. I can't remember if the bolt is metric or not, it's either an 11mm or a 1/2...anyway, I took mine off and it sounds as good as any aftermarket system and there is a definite gain in low end torque. and it's free. Honda factory exhaust ftw.

hosepower. heh.

Add your comment to this topic!