Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine Swap

Duckkie07
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
I have been dreaming about this for awhile now and am wondering from the more expierenced members here what would I be into if I tried swapping a 4.6L DOHC 4V into a 98-06 P71. My dream would be to turn something that would be normally passed over with a glance to an all around amazing car that can handle and launch.

03cvpi
05-05-2007, 08:51 PM
It would be a lot on messing around. You would need an entire engine compartment wiring harness for the engine/body combination and the PCM to go along with it. Or you would have to modify and adapt the existing harness. Plus the motor. I am not sure if you will need a BCM. I would have to know how the car was optioned against what the motor was setup as. You would want the 11.5" HPP converter for the transmission. It would be easier but more expensive to just buy a marauder. My nephew and I did this on his Mustang, switching from the 4.6L SOHC to the DOHC. It tooks several weeks to get all the parts and alot of cash. On the CVPI you may have to use the Marauder A/C box and Power brake booster assemblies also. I would have to do some digging, but I think the shape of the DOHC head and valve cover interfere with the stock CVPI A/C box.

Duckkie07
05-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Well I knew it wouldn't be easy but hopefully when its all said and done it will be worth it.

Add your comment to this topic!