Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Duplicolor Auto Spray

surf1284
05-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I went to the store to buy the exact touch up paint for my car (1990 seattle silver) and they only had the auto spray. I bought this since the scratches on top of my car also happen to be numerous and in the same general area. Now the problem is my car looked better with the scratches, they were only noticable if you were looking for them anyway.

Ive never spray painted on a surface with a color you can overdo or underdo. Right now the area on my roof I painted is similar in color, but dull and you can cleary tell where I painted and where I did not. I only did two quick coats and than stopped, because I dont want to make it worse.

My question is, should I just leave it now before it gets worse, or can I still make it look good? If so how?

n8zdogg
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Tough to match since Hondas are base/clear unlike most American cars, If you want a perfect match a shop will have to do it. If the scratches are deep, then they will have sand prime paint and re-clear coat the roof. Touch up paint is a band-aid repair at best, and I've never had any luck getting duplicolor paint to match right off the shelf. You should be able to get just your roof painted for @ $250

surf1284
05-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I was able to compound it out. Repainting my roof has come to mind a couple times, and at only 250 doesn't sound bad. I'm gonna leave it for now though, thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!