exhaust temp warning light

samthecarman
05-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Hello all, I just got a Skyline imported from Japan to Korea (I am a U.S. Soldier stationed in Korea) and it already has some mods done to it. Currently it runs to 1.5 bar of boost. When I get that much boost going, the warning light comes on for either the exhaust or catalytic converter overheating. What temperature does this happen at? As soon as I release the throttle, the warning light goes off. Any recommendations on what catalytic converter to get that has a higher heat tollerance? thanks for the advice.

Sam

mmcleo11
05-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Your running too much boost on the stock turbos, they are overheating the exhaust gases as the loss efficiency which heats up the sensor just prior to the catalytic converter. Run less boost(unless the turbos are aftermarket) and get a new O2 sensor

samthecarman
05-07-2007, 08:19 AM
MM,

thanks for the response, I am running aftermarket turbos. On the casting there was Garrett M24. That was as far as I got it torn down before I had to put it back together to drive it back home. So as I get more information, I will post more. The second time I tear the car down, it should go much faster so I can find out a lot more info. Hopefully this weekend. Have to have a full time job to support the car hobby (and wife and kid).

Sam

Add your comment to this topic!