Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

valvetrain countach, urgent question

steveman
10-18-2002, 03:11 AM
hi all,

maybe one can help me to find out all details about the countach valvetrain (I know there are different engines...they all are interesting ;) ).
The point is, that one of my freinds says that he can adjust the valves of any countach within a day. In Italy they said it takes 24 working hours. Well, cant believe my freind then, but dont know if the valves have to be adjusted by use of shims, and the MAJOR point is, if it has shims where are they. Inside the valve cup or above. On some italian cars like alfa V6 to replace a shim you have to take out the camshaft. can anyone please help me with correct infos and maybe one of you knows an website with an engine-blueprinz or similar...

thx in advance
regards from austria
steveman

gemballa
10-20-2002, 02:52 AM
thtas a hard question!

Menu dei Motori
10-20-2002, 01:14 PM
in german now... sorry for the others

hi steve...
ist ja mal ne harte aufgabe die du hier stellt...
über blueprints wirst du im i net zu 99,99% nichts finden
wende dich vielleicht dirket an lamborghini mit diener frage!

sorry

schönen abend noch

gruß aus münchen

Marius

gemballa
10-20-2002, 08:19 PM
did you found your answer?

Moppie
10-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori

hi steve...
ist ja mal ne harte aufgabe die du hier stellt...
über blueprints wirst du im i net zu 99,99% nichts finden
wende dich vielleicht dirket an lamborghini mit diener frage!

With www.altavista.com =

times ne hard task is which you places here... over blueprints you in the i to 99.99% nothing finds net turns you lamborghini with servant asks perhaps dirket on!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

steveman
10-21-2002, 03:42 AM
@: gemballa (english and german): well, I know that this is a tough question. I thought that there are people her who own a countach and know where the darn shims (if there are shims) are...

german: ich weiß das es eine schwierige frage ist und dachte das es hier wen gibt der einen countach hat und vielleicht weiß wo die verdammten shims (fallss es welche gibt) sind...

@ all others: thanx for try'en ;)

cheers
steve

Moppie
10-21-2002, 04:49 AM
The guy I do some part time work for here is the official certifier for Lamborghini cars here in NZ. He also does some service work on them. Ill ask him next time I see him, and see what he knows.

steveman
10-22-2002, 01:26 AM
hi moppie,

yup, that would be great. I tried to find something out here in Austria but couldn't get a correct answer.
Thanx for helping ;)

best regards
steveman

Add your comment to this topic!