Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

JR Supercharged civic won't pass Emissions!!

MK4R34
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
:banghead: I have a 97 SOHC Civic(OBD11) Jackson SC that won't pass EMISSIONS!!
keeps saying "not ready"for the O2 , cat and evap
My friend hooked it up to a wideband O2 and the fuel fluxuates just a lil when in boost not too lean/rich runing about 60psi on the FMU
Anyone have this problem??or the same set up with no problems???
What kind of set-up do you have to pass EMISSIONS!!!!

Schister66
05-01-2007, 08:58 AM
The FMU is your problem...get a chipped p28 (www.j-k-tuning.com) with the map for your engine setup and it should be a lot closer to passing....if it doesn't pass with just the new ECU, get that tuned and you will pass with no problem if you have a cat....

I would hate to have to deal with emissions laws...right now i'm running open downpipe and nobody cares....:D

MK4R34
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
The FMU is your problem...get a chipped p28 (www.j-k-tuning.com) with the map for your engine setup and it should be a lot closer to passing....if it doesn't pass with just the new ECU, get that tuned and you will pass with no problem if you have a cat....

I would hate to have to deal with emissions laws...right now i'm running open downpipe and nobody cares....:D

So keep the FMU and get a p28 chipped...and if that doesn't work with the chipped ECU then get it tunned....I have an OBD11...so in Atlanta they just hook it up they don't crank it....what keeps showing up is CAT-O2-EVAP are in"Not Ready"mode...wouldn't a p28 show up as a different VIN#???

superbluecivicsi
05-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I have a 97 SOHC Civic(OBD11) Jackson SC that won't pass EMISSIONS!!
if your going to boost........who cares. i never passed smog with my old jrsc on my b16. just pay to pass under the table.

"not ready"for the O2 , cat and evap

the ecu is not ready, because, the ecu keeps getting reseted every time you turn the ignition on. theres a short somewhere. check your ig1 and ig2 wires. its a good time to find an excuse to buy a helms so you can get the wiring diagrams ;). since theres a short somewhere, may i ask if you are running any of the jr bandaids. you may have not put some of the spliced wiring back together correctly or poorly ;) as far as the cat goes. more than likely, your cat has taken a crap. as for the evap cel goes, there are a few different ones. specific codes would be nice. also, since you have the jrsc in there. you may want to check if any of your evap lines are kinked or open somewhere ;) wouldnt hurt to get a vacuum gauge to verify ;)

My friend hooked it up to a wideband O2 and the fuel fluxuates just a lil when in boost not too lean/rich runing about 60psi on the FMU

throw away the fmu and pick some real engine management.

What kind of set-up do you have to pass EMISSIONS!!!!
my old setup was. jrsc b16@ 11.5 psi. hondatas2b, rc 550s, water alky setup, 2.5inch kami from the header collector all the way back. even with JRs 6 psi pulley, i still failed smog. give the smog thing up ;) if you want to pass smog, stay stock.

So keep the FMU and get a p28 chipped...and if that doesn't work with the chipped ECU then get it tunned....I have an OBD11...so in Atlanta they just hook it up they don't crank it....what keeps showing up is CAT-O2-EVAP are in"Not Ready"mode...wouldn't a p28 show up as a different VIN#???

by switching the p28 which is an obd1 ecu into the obd2 you will fail right off the bat. heres what i would do in order of priority.

1. solve you cel problems.
2. toss the fmu and get some real engine management.
3. when your done toying around with the jrsc heat blower, get rid of it and do sohc turbo ;)

Schister66
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
i didn't know that the OBD1-OBD2 switch would make someone fail emissions......thankfully i dont have to care about them

MK4R34
05-02-2007, 07:34 PM
i didn't know that the OBD1-OBD2 switch would make someone fail emissions......thankfully i dont have to care about them
Yeah I have 3 friends that do emissions and they said OBD1 on an OBD11 wouldn't work....so the p28 chipped ain't going to fly for me...I'm still weary about chipping my P2P ecu....

superbluecivicsi
05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah I have 3 friends that do emissions and they said OBD1 on an OBD11 wouldn't work....so the p28 chipped ain't going to fly for me...I'm still weary about chipping my P2P ecu....

you cant chip and program the p2p as it is an odb2 ecu anyways. the obd2 to obd1 conversion will work, but, not for smog purposes though. to properly run your jrsc setup, you will need to run some kind of stand alone engine management.

jrsc on fmu = high intake temps = detonation ;)

Greenblurr93
06-28-2007, 09:32 AM
get an o2 simulator, it will trick the ECU into thinking your emissions are fine and you wont get an emissions code.

Add your comment to this topic!