Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Doors Problem

rs_green_machine
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
hi guys
i have a 95 rs non power and got a good deal on some 98 gs power doors.. my problem is that when i plug them into the chassis harness they dont work at all ..is there somthing im missing here? because when i looked at the plugs all the prongs are there so i figured it should be plug and play.. is there somthing else i have to do for them to work....

thanks

gthompson97
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't think they're plug-n-play, I think you need some other wiring from the GS besides just the doors.

rs_green_machine
04-30-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't think they're plug-n-play, I think you need some other wiring from the GS besides just the doors.

thats what i was wondering but like what wiring ? and why would all the prongs be there if its not ment to work?

defiancy
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
thats what i was wondering but like what wiring ? and why would all the prongs be there if its not ment to work?

The only other wiring I can see you needing is however the doors are powered. You would probabaly need to run a power wire into the fuse box under the drivers side dash (Pretty sure it's int he same place as on the turbos) Those are the fuses for the interior electronics.

rs_green_machine
04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
The only other wiring I can see you needing is however the doors are powered. You would probabaly need to run a power wire into the fuse box under the drivers side dash (Pretty sure it's int he same place as on the turbos) Those are the fuses for the interior electronics.

yeah, my fuse box cover says theres a fuse for the doors ,so i checked it and there is a good one in place,,,,do you think its there just for looks and no wires are actually ran?

spyderturbo007
05-01-2007, 07:05 AM
That's a good question. Normally you will find the wiring in place for the accessories, but you don't find a fuse. Most of the time, they install the wiring but don't feed it power, as defiancy said.

Check the fuse box and make sure the wires are actually hooked up. You might also what to get ahold of a wiring diagram.

rs_green_machine
05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
That's a good question. Normally you will find the wiring in place for the accessories, but you don't find a fuse. Most of the time, they install the wiring but don't feed it power, as defiancy said.

Check the fuse box and make sure the wires are actually hooked up. You might also what to get ahold of a wiring diagram.

ok so check it for wiring , and if there isnt any can i run one from the battery to the fuse box and if i do that it should run both sides right?

defiancy
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
ok so check it for wiring , and if there isnt any can i run one from the battery to the fuse box and if i do that it should run both sides right?

You could do that, just make sure you use an inline fuse when you wire up the windows.

But honestly you could probably just run wiring from the fuse box just as easy as from the battery. But whatever is easier for you.

rs_green_machine
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
You could do that, just make sure you use an inline fuse when you wire up the windows.

But honestly you could probably just run wiring from the fuse box just as easy as from the battery. But whatever is easier for you.

ok ,so i checked all the fuses and they all have power , now i have no idea what to do...

gthompson97
05-02-2007, 09:37 PM
This is going to be a trial and error project, it's extremely hard to help diagnose something like this online.

defiancy
05-02-2007, 11:14 PM
ok ,so i checked all the fuses and they all have power , now i have no idea what to do...

Are you sure there is a wire running from the fuse to the doors? Best way to shoot this if you have a volt meter/multi-meter is to find the power wire on the door side plug and plug the other lead into the fuse, you should have conntinuity there if there is a wire running between the two.

rs_green_machine
05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
ah haa!!! i figured it out ,,,i checked all the wires by themselves to find which one gave my switch power( its the big blue one).then i just ran a fused wire from the battery to the switch and now it controls both sides windows and locks... took long enough though.:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!