brake prob

chester9ll
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
I have a 2000 3.4lt with 97,000 miles. I took my truck off road about a month ago and ran it pretty hard. After i hit up the car wash i noticed that i was beginning to hear a squeal from the left rear wheel. I decided since i needed to do it anyway i would change out the shoes and all the internals. I even picked up a new drum and installed it. I have lubed every that would possibly need it, adjusted the shoe's many times and since then it has turned into a constant squeal. Sometimes when i hit the brakes it goes away but other than that its always there. There is no rubbing on the drum,inside of the wheel, heat shield or any other component in that system. the emergency brake and normal braking work as advertised. if anyone has any idea what i could do to get rid of the squeal i would really apprciate it.
Thanks

KimMG
05-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Did you inspect the front brakes? Did you replace the shoes on both sides?

chester9ll
05-05-2007, 06:40 PM
yes i changed the pads shoes rotors and drums. i took the entire rear brake apart cleaned everything again and lubed it. the problem went away its been about 3 days and everything is working good. not sure what fixed it but it works now.

TcmaBoy
05-06-2007, 11:49 PM
New shoes probably had to break in.

Add your comment to this topic!