Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Does anyone know the BEST way to do this...

Sean Price
10-17-2002, 11:28 AM
wattup all i installed reverse EL guages on my car, and a couple of things went wrong....

first I snapped my needles for the temp and fuel gauge so been driving blind for the last 4 months....I just ordered a new gauge cluster for that...

also when I put the needles back on the mph and rmp guages they are way off, like if i'm going 25mpg they read bout like 67mpg and so on...

my question is whats the best way to get the dam needles off without breaking them? and then also how do I set my gauges so that they read correctly?

come on somebody here gotta be able to help me....

thanks for alll

one

Fly Rice Racer
10-17-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Sean Price
if i'm going 25mpg they read bout like 67mpg and so on...

Wow, that has to be expensive to travel in mpg(miles per gallon). Everyone I know can only travel in mph(miles per hour). LOL

Anyways. The EL gauges for my car don't require removal of the needle. You just slide to cover on over the needle without removing it. Did you try to slide it on over the needle first?

dumpedhatch
10-17-2002, 04:12 PM
yeah u just have to slide them over the needles, and if you want to take the needles off, just use a pair of needle nose pliers. but be very careful.

Sean Price
10-17-2002, 07:58 PM
if you just slide your gagues over the needles how do you make them stay on?

also I will have to take off the needles then probably put on the old gauges then put the el ones over themj!

BUT... how do I reset my needles so they READ correctly????

thanks again, im close to broke after runnin on MPG for that last couple months....

peace

Fly Rice Racer
10-17-2002, 09:21 PM
They slide over and then the cover goes back on over them. That's it. They won't fall off.

Sounds like to me you've pretty much toasted that original gauge cluster.

Here is the way to solve all of your problems:

1. Buy new gauge cluster

2. Put EL Gauges in passenger seat

3. Drive over to local car customizing shop

4. Hand them a $50.

Walla, you have new EL Gauges on your car.

I'm sorry but it sounds like you aren't too technically inclined to get it done. I would have someone else do it for you.

fuburyder14
10-18-2002, 05:34 PM
just try and slide them over the needles. sounds hard to do but all you need to be is patient. everything will go right if you do it slowly. and did you buy the whole cluster? or jus the temp/gas gauges cuz you can buy each gauge seperately. cheaper that way too.

sixDollarBurger
10-23-2002, 05:06 AM
haha fly rice .. that's cold bruddah :) .... let the man try to install his gauge faces... makes it all the more special when you've done that stuff yaself ya know? haha anyhoo....... i'm bored.

Fly Rice Racer
10-23-2002, 09:33 AM
Sorry man.........i don't mean to be so cold, but damn look for a DIY Manual before you do it yourself. My friend and I will be doing my AEM CAI today.......wish us luck......i hope i don't break the bypass valve......LOL

Add your comment to this topic!