Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

DPFE sensor location

justin0717
04-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Hey all,
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but i cant seem to find it. Im workin on a 2000 ranger with the 4.0 OHV, Its setting a po401, Ive read in amny different places that the dpfe sensor is the most common thing to set this code. However i cannot locate it, can anyone give me some info as to where it is? Thanks

justin0717
04-30-2007, 10:08 PM
anyone?!?

DonSor
05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
My manual listed P0401 as EGR related. the diagram showed the Differential Pressure Feedback Sensor (DFPE) connected to the EGR by two vacuum hoses and the wire harness go directly to the Power Control Module (PCM). I have a 99 Ranger 4.0L and the DFPE is mounted right above the driver side wheel well between the battery and the brake cylinder. When you find it, disconnect the harness and see if you're getting reference voltage. Then check all your vacuum connections including the EVR Solenoid (if equipped) which recieves EGR vacuum signal in reference to the vacuum source.

AlaskanWrench
05-02-2007, 01:18 AM
when u locate it just look down the tube holes and look to see if there is crud or dirt in there.. i have replaced 15 or 20 just by looking down the tubes and its always worked...

rrzimmer
08-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I was looking at a 4.0 liter tonight and had alittle problem finding it to. I remember all you have to do is look down near your egr tube and you should see two small hoses attach to the main hose coming up to your dpfs. This dpfs was lot smaller than the old ones were. Its about 1.5 inch square with the two line going to it. located on the left hand side of engine valve cover fwd side. Good luck

Add your comment to this topic!