Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

88 Beretta idles high

berettagrl
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I have just recently bought a 88 beretta i have replaced the idle air control valve the feul pump and done a tune up. The car is running rough and surges is the best way to describe what the idle does while sitting at a red light or something like that. If anyone could help i would appreciate it

jsgold
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a bad vacuum leak to me, possibly other things as well if it is missing. A high idle is usually because of a stuck IAC (which you have replaced) or a broken or loose vacuum line. The line could be anywhere, need to look at all small hoses / lines. Did you clean the area well where the IAC was? They tend to carbon up badly as well and should be cleaned when servicing the IAC. Check the hoses first though, that would be my guess.

starcar
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Have you tried to talk to an expert about this? Have them take a look at that valve.

Mid America Motorworks (http://www.who-sells-it.com/cy/mid-america-motorworks-675/chevrolet-corvette-parts-and-accessories-catalog-310/original-engine.html) - Original engine in Chevrolet Corvette Parts and Accessories by Mid America Motorworks

Add your comment to this topic!