Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

8000 rpms

DSM Monster
04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
okay so i found these:

http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/product.php?productid=137&cat=53&page=1

and i was wondering what else i would have to get/do to get my car to redline at 8000 or more. Im sure theres some sort of tuning involved but if you guys and girls could just shead some light on the subject for me that would be awesome. thanks

Linebckr49
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM
you'll need to overclock your ECU to rev that high. there's a guy who can do this for you. all that is involved is changing out a crystal. his name is TurboBob over on 3si.

Hotshot8792
04-26-2007, 06:53 AM
you'll need to overclock your ECU to rev that high. there's a guy who can do this for you. all that is involved is changing out a crystal. his name is TurboBob over on 3si.

yup

but the real question is why are you wanting to rev that high. Unless you have a large turbo that has its power band way past 7K, there's no point to reving that high. Even at that though, the stock springs are good up to 8300 rpms.

Linebckr49
04-26-2007, 12:09 PM
the stock springs are good up to 8300 rpms.

if the stock springs are good up to 8300 rpms, is there anything else in the valvetrain that should be changed/upgraded if wanting to rev that high?

are NA valve springs are the same as TT valve springs?

mistermoonpie
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I can tell you one thing: I don't know if that is a popular web site or not, but I wouldn't buy anything from that site. There are so many grammar and spelling errors I don't think I would buy from them even if it was a trusted site. That's just me and my OCD though :P

Igovert500
04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I can tell you one thing: I don't know if that is a popular web site or not, but I wouldn't buy anything from that site. There are so many grammar and spelling errors I don't think I would buy from them even if it was a trusted site. That's just me and my OCD though :P

They are one of the best, if not THE BEST, 3000gt/stealth shop in the world. What they lack in spelling they more than make up for with phenominal customer service and some of hte best products made for our cars. Your choice, but I wouldn't dismiss them solely for some spelling mistakes.

ZRYDERVR4
04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
yup

but the real question is why are you wanting to rev that high. Unless you have a large turbo that has its power band way past 7K, there's no point to reving that high. Even at that though, the stock springs are good up to 8300 rpms.

yeah i was going to ask that ? too. maybe he's going to try and drift haha jk

Hotshot8792
04-26-2007, 02:30 PM
if the stock springs are good up to 8300 rpms, is there anything else in the valvetrain that should be changed/upgraded if wanting to rev that high?

are NA valve springs are the same as TT valve springs?

Everything should be fine on stock valvetrain up to 8300 rpms. If your N/A, there is absolutely no point in going past the rev limiter unless you upgrade camshafts to take advantage of the higher powerband.

i believe all springs are the same, but check part numbers to confirm this.

Hotshot8792
04-26-2007, 02:32 PM

yea, DR and 3SX are the two shops that have been around the longest for these platforms. They are constantly making this platform faster and faster.

talskinyguy
04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Stock springs and valve train hold up at 8000rpm just fine. I used to have my cars rev limiter set to 8200.

Your loss.

yeah i was going to ask that ? too. maybe he's going to try and drift haha jk

What the hell does revving high have to do with drifting?

Linebckr49
04-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Everything should be fine on stock valvetrain up to 8300 rpms. If your N/A, there is absolutely no point in going past the rev limiter unless you upgrade camshafts to take advantage of the higher powerband.

i believe all springs are the same, but check part numbers to confirm this.

yup, that's an idea i'm pondering. my plan is: adj. cam gears, then cams, then pistons. of course, before i put the 11:1s in, i'd get a quaife LSD, and MIGHT get forged rods and crank. probably just the rods (from a TT) and keep stock crank. of course, when it comes to that point in the game (at least 1 year from now) i'll have to get a beater for some better gas mileage, since the engine will be sucking fuel like a mofo.

but those are just some long term ideas of mine. i'm not gonna start a hype thread, tho i'm tempted to, just to increase my post count :p.

Hotshot8792
04-26-2007, 11:21 PM
yup, that's an idea i'm pondering. my plan is: adj. cam gears, then cams, then pistons. of course, before i put the 11:1s in, i'd get a quaife LSD, and MIGHT get forged rods and crank. probably just the rods (from a TT) and keep stock crank. of course, when it comes to that point in the game (at least 1 year from now) i'll have to get a beater for some better gas mileage, since the engine will be sucking fuel like a mofo.

but those are just some long term ideas of mine. i'm not gonna start a hype thread, tho i'm tempted to, just to increase my post count :p.

all rods are forged, all crankshafts from 92.5+ are forged. Your a 93, you already have forged rods and forged crankshaft.

Morphius289
04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
If you're going 11:1, why not spray it as well?

DSM Monster
04-27-2007, 01:12 AM
okay so someone said something about why run past 7000 with stock turbos. well how far will the 9bs hold boost till (i dont have an aftermarket boost gauge yet)? and my main reason for uping my redline would be able to boost longer. but if the turbos cant hold boost up that far then i might find something else to do.

Dreamspawn
04-27-2007, 01:34 AM
They are one of the best, if not THE BEST, 3000gt/stealth shop in the world. What they lack in spelling they more than make up for with phenominal customer service and some of hte best products made for our cars. Your choice, but I wouldn't dismiss them solely for some spelling mistakes.

^please tell me that was on purpose. as for as boost and holding you mean peak boost right? that i dont know but they will make boost...

ZRYDERVR4
04-27-2007, 02:42 AM
What the hell does revving high have to do with drifting?
one it was a jk= joke and two people say it easier to drift at high revs thats why they down shift or thats what i hread at least but anyways this is off topic so i'm over it.

Linebckr49
04-27-2007, 03:09 AM
all rods are forged, all crankshafts from 92.5+ are forged. Your a 93, you already have forged rods and forged crankshaft.

even on NAs???

Hotshot8792
04-27-2007, 06:57 AM
even on NAs???

yes

Every DOHC (SOHC i am unsure of) of every year share the same rods. The rods in your car are no different from the rods in the 99 vr-4s. The only change was the crankshaft. They gave all DOHC's a crankshaft when they switched over from a 2-bolt to a 4-bolt in the tt models.

Hotshot8792
04-27-2007, 07:00 AM
okay so someone said something about why run past 7000 with stock turbos. well how far will the 9bs hold boost till (i dont have an aftermarket boost gauge yet)? and my main reason for uping my redline would be able to boost longer. but if the turbos cant hold boost up that far then i might find something else to do.

there is no way you'd ever want to run past 7,000 rpms on stock turbos. The most you can boost on them period is 15 psi because if you try to go past 15 psi, they are so small that they will work too hard and just dump a lot of hot air into your engine which will lead towards pre-detonation. On top of that, they can only hold around 10 to redline. You might be able to get an additional pound to redline from intake and exhaust mods. Personally, i think its a waste to raise the rev limiter on a td04 based turbo because the power band past 7,000 rpms is just not there.

mitsu3kgt
04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
If you rev really high without the proper upgrades you are actually hurting yourself more then helping. If you make your peak torque and HP at 5000 rpm, you shouldn't really go past that, because you are decreasing in power for however long your holding it. Also if you shift at about your peak you wont lose much power between shifts.

DSM Monster
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
oh i didnt know that. thanks so what is our peak of the curve?

JeenyusVR4
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
The stock 9b's will only hold high boost for a little past 5000 rpm without any supporting mods (intake, exhaust, fuel pump, injectors, boost controller, etc.)

talskinyguy
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
oh i didnt know that. thanks so what is our peak of the curve?

2500 for torque
6000 for hp

Add your comment to this topic!