Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

thinkin addin turbo

ohmthugs
04-25-2007, 11:36 PM
do u guyz think i should add a turbo on my 99 accord lx it is stock motor and what you guys think i would get out of my stock motor :grinyes:

Schister66
04-26-2007, 01:47 AM
you can turbo the stock motor easily...they can make good power.

1. Be sure this is something you want to do because turboing your car is a large time commitment and also requires a lot of money for the initial setup and then repairing whatever goes wrong.

2. If you're not a member of Honda-tech, you should be....there is a lot of helpful info on that site which will make your decision easier....

3. If you have the 4cyl, which i believe you do, look into the EVO manifold and turbo swap. On the F series engines, the Evo 8 manifold w/ slight adjustment works perfectly on the car....

indianajohn
04-29-2007, 04:30 AM
How is this a racing story?

superbluecivicsi
05-02-2007, 12:58 AM
over at least $30k later in parts and a few different chassis's and most of my high school and my whole undergrad life, the money could of been more well spent and used on my down payment for my first home. if you play, be ready to spend. otherwise, my advice to many young people in the scene is.........................save your money, and invest in your future.

the boost bug bites hard ;) you cant ever get enough :P

AudioGuy93DelSol
05-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Moved. And for the record, we have sub-forums here for a reason. Use them!

Add your comment to this topic!