Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hellllllllllp

gq_xl
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
hey, i just recently replaced everything essential on my motor (1991 acura integra RS) ;spark plugs,wires,distributor, etc... and the other day i was taking my car for a cruise , and when i did i noticed that the car had lost alot of power , then i took it back and realized that my brother was playing around with the motor before i took it for a cruise, so i popped open the hood and saw that the 2nd spark plug wire wasn't in, and i was driving it around with it out the whole time.... i put it back in, cleaned all the spark plugs and when i started it and pressed the gas i noticed a POPPING sound coming from the intake, and when i put it in reverse the car sounded like it was about to die.... so i took it for a cruise to see how it would handle on the road, and i stilled expericed the popping sound when i was accelerating from 1st gear to 2nd gear, the car's acceleration was soo bad and it wouldnt even run properly..... what could this problem be?????????? thank you for your time

Greenblurr93
04-26-2007, 08:12 AM
sounds like your timing is off..

gq_xl
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
sounds like your timing is off..

so do u think just changing the timing belt would solve the problem? what other parts should i replace

Greenblurr93
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
check the belt for wear... check to make sure the tensioner is still good. and get a FSM for your car.. if you dint time hondas perfect they'll run like ass

Add your comment to this topic!