avenger stalls out

pld
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
hi all new here, just picked up a 96 avenger, runs great till it gets warmed up.
then it stumbles and misfires and shuts off. thinking some kind of sensor in the distributor maybe, anyone else run into this problem. :disappoin

terry LAMB
08-14-2007, 09:56 PM
hi all new here, just picked up a 96 avenger, runs great till it gets warmed up.
then it stumbles and misfires and shuts off. thinking some kind of sensor in the distributor maybe, anyone else run into this problem. :disappoin

I have a 96 with the same problem.If your wont start back up when hot.Unplug the fan sensor and it will run again.I am still trying to figure mine out.

95_dodge_avenger
10-24-2007, 08:25 PM
timming issue, u need a new belt

JuztinB
12-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I Recently had a similar issue with my 97 avenger 2.5, it would stall out if the accellerator was pressed down to rapidly, but if gradually depressed the R.P.M.'s would climb as if there was no problem at all, well after a week at the "Mechanic's" and $465 later and they gave it back to me still scratching there heads, my dad & i decieded to take a look at the Intensity of the spark being produced by the coil, it looked normal until the throttle was opend up causing the engine to Stall/Bog out, thats when the spark was Weak, really weak, so long story short I replaced the Ignition Coil in the Distributor w/ a used one from a junk yard (the car even had a reBuilt Distributer when i bought it, even rebuilt one's can be defective!!) the problem was 100 percent solved

Add your comment to this topic!