Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

high pitched squeel

muzzleman
04-24-2007, 08:59 PM
does anyone else have this problem - ( 05 freestar ) when i drive approximately 35 klm's or faster i get a very annoying squeel ( it sends all passengers into a raging frenzy) from the front driver side, it goes away while making a right hand turn. it does not change with braking. i think it is the bearing but it doesn't have the symptoms (grinding, low hum) of a faulty bearing, sometimes it goes away for a few days!
is it something i can put a drop of oil on and cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!please save us

Johnny Mullet
04-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Maybe you have a rock stuck between the rotor and dust shield or maybe the dust shield is bent and touching the rotor.

muzzleman
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
i dont think it could be a pebble because its been this way since august 06, but it may be the dust cover.i'll take a look and see.

brinkz
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
i have the same issue right now, only when i am going faster than 70km/h and only when i turn left. The dealer is gonna change the drivers side bearing hub assy wednesday. just a quick note, these are covered under new vehicle power train for 5y/100km.

brinkz
10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
just an update, the drivers side bearing has been changed, and voila, the squeel is gone. They are changing the passenger side too, cause now that the other one is fixed, you can hear the growl from that one. Whatever, covered under warranty, so good to go.

Add your comment to this topic!