Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

oil

shming123
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
hey what kind of oils do you guys use? is anyone using that 15w50 ?
and does anyone know how to get flames to come out of the muffler?

b16a3sol
10-16-2002, 11:44 PM
5w-30 or 10w-30 are the preferred oil weights for everyone here, we like our motors. as for the flames shooting out the exhaust, for you i would recommend running as rich as possible. doing that, with the 15w50 should keep the motor in top notch condition. good luck with it.

shming123
10-17-2002, 12:14 PM
would that really keep the motor in good condition?? i use 5w30, i was just saying that b/c that is what my yamaha R6 used... and how can i get flames to come out? how would that happen running rich?

shming123
10-17-2002, 12:16 PM
would that really keep the motor in good condition?? i use 5w30, i was just saying that b/c that is what my yamaha R6 used... and how can i get flames to come out? how would that happen running rich?:bloated:

estleadguitar
10-17-2002, 04:49 PM
haha...flames. as advertised in numerous sport compact mags "FLAME THROWER: Smores? Push a button and watch flames shoot out your exhaust pipes! Up to 20 Feet of Flames! Includes control box, activation button, wire loom, and diagram. **For off-road use only."

haha...yes. it says its from $99. the website given is www.autoloc.com
if you ask me, it looks pretty ridiculous and probably not really great for your car. i'm not sure how it works, but i'm guessing it has something to do with a forced backfire. anyways, if anyone gets this, definitely post about it. i'd like to see some pictures of your garage in flames!

scott

zskta06
10-17-2002, 09:25 PM
yes there are things that can make fire shoot out your exhaust. it basically is a tank of pressurized flamible fluid ( there are many different kinds) that is located by your exhaust that on command or automatically shoot out of you exhaust in flames. there are many different kinds and this is only one of them.

Add your comment to this topic!