Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Alero 2.4 Trac Off Light On tranny shifts hard

Jverrill
04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
my trac off light comes on whenever it feels like it and then when you shift gears it slams and bangs but when you shut the car off and start it back up the light shuts off a the car shifts fine!! I have no idea where to start beside getting it scanned for codes!! and man does this car love to eat rotors!!!

BNaylor
04-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Welcome to AF.

Gettting it scanned with an ABS and trans capable scanner would be a good starting point.

Jverrill
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
it going to the shop tomorrow to get scanned and it's getting a new oil sensor too then many I can crash it into a tree with me not in it and collect on the full coverage

why didn't gm recall the blower motor resistor?

scoopy03
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
my trac off light comes on whenever it feels like it and then when you shift gears it slams and bangs but when you shut the car off and start it back up the light shuts off a the car shifts fine!! I have no idea where to start beside getting it scanned for codes!! and man does this car love to eat rotors!!!

mine loves brakes :frown:

Jverrill
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
so I got the car scanned and my tech told me it had something to do with the computer but his scanner can't go in depth so I have to bring it to the gm dealer yippy but he only charged me 25 bucks can't wait to get the bill from a dealer 119.00 to just hook it up to the tech 2! I'm at the point where I don't know if I should fix it or blow it:evillol: or trade it in!! a mustang is looking pretty nice right

Jverrill
04-27-2007, 09:30 PM
ya alero's love the brakes and rotors and I thought it was just my driving but it wasn't I even changed the calipers but that doesn't help!! aleros are junk no wonder oldsmobile got the axe!!!

scoopy03
04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
ya alero's love the brakes and rotors and I thought it was just my driving but it wasn't I even changed the calipers but that doesn't help!! aleros are junk no wonder oldsmobile got the axe!!!

every car has her own problem(s). aleros problems are eating rotors/brakes and the infamous LIM gaskets.

Jverrill
04-27-2007, 09:38 PM
my bad I posted this in the wrong thread but this is about my trac off light coming on and the car shifting like crap when the light is on and you can't shut it off with the switch!! but the light hasn't came on again

I love this car I even put aurora rims with BF low profiles

BNaylor
04-28-2007, 10:23 AM
my bad I posted this in the wrong thread but this is about my trac off light coming on and the car shifting like crap when the light is on and you can't shut it off with the switch!! but the light hasn't came on again

I love this car I even put aurora rims with BF low profiles

Your two threads have been merged together.

Add your comment to this topic!