Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 sc no fuel or fire plz help me

jwtwjwjwjw
04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
car was running fine . i cut it off never to restart.1997 buick riviera sc 80,000 miles. I hooked my scanner up to it and it will not link with the ecu.car has no spark and no fuel.i can hook a 12v source to the fuel pump and it will work(but still has zero spark).please help me .

HotZ28
04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Do you have a flashing security light when attempting to start?

jwtwjwjwjw
04-24-2007, 04:09 PM
light flashes for about 15 seconds then goes out.I unpluged temp sensor and maf today and tried to start the car today and there was difference.I have also unplugged battery for 30 minuets and then reconnected for the same result.car turns over good but has no fuel or fire.when i plug my scan tool up to the car it will not link to pcm. plz help this car is driving me crazy.

also are these cars pron to pcm failure?and where would the pcm be located?

96riviera18
04-25-2007, 03:40 PM
i think the pcm is by the firewall next to the master cylander. could be a bad crank sensor. would be nice if you could get a code, what scanner are you using?
just to double check and clarify; you pressed on the schrader valve to make sure there was fuel at the rails, you checked the plugs to see if they were wet and grounded them to check spark, and you turned the key to ON w/o starting the car to check for codes?
matt

jwtwjwjwjw
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
i think the pcm is by the firewall next to the master cylander. could be a bad crank sensor. would be nice if you could get a code, what scanner are you using?
just to double check and clarify; you pressed on the schrader valve to make sure there was fuel at the rails, you checked the plugs to see if they were wet and grounded them to check spark, and you turned the key to ON w/o starting the car to check for codes?
matt

yes i have checked all those things.fuel pump does not turn on and there is no fire from plug wires.i have also checked the valve and no fuel pressure.I dont remeber the name of my scanner ,but it is the $250 obd II 94 and up i beleive.I use it all the time and it always works .but it wont even link up to this one.
p.s. thanks for the help.

HotZ28
04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
No spark, no fuel and no scanner link, but engine turns over, seems to indicate a PCM failure, rather than a security issue. Not too common, however, it does happen!

Add your comment to this topic!