Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater problem

rdoloman
04-23-2007, 05:06 PM
:banghead: The heat runs constantly and you can't adjust the temperature. The rear defrosters don't turn on, neither does the ac. You can't adjust what vents the air comes out of. It will only blow out of the defroster vents. Please help.

spy1309
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM
LOL dude i was reading the post and started to laugh I tought I am the only one with this problem.
I don t know how did you manage to get into this problem but I got in by stupidity.
The battery positive was geting corroded and started to give me contact problems so I decided to clean the contact , well because of my rush I did not took out the negative and the soonest I started to tight back the positive all the relays started to make all kind of noise , after that when I started the car I discovered the same problem like yours, so far I found no fix what so ever, no ac, no defrost and the blower works only defrost and the bad thing is that the ac cluch is permanently coupled.
My hunch is that the ac controler module got fried.

spy1309
06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I ve found out what is wrong.
The BCM is fryed is the computer installed on the back of inside fuse panel.
A used one is around $50.

rdoloman
06-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I ve found out what is wrong.
The BCM is fryed is the computer installed on the back of inside fuse panel.
A used one is around $50. Thanks for the info. The BCM fixed my problem Bought it off ebay for $20.00 + Shipping. Thats better then the dealer $470.

Add your comment to this topic!