Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Where do I even start? looking at 3-5 door hatchbacks...

gazelle512
04-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi I am looking to get a new to me car... and I'm looking online right now and don't know where to even start. Here's what's important to me

Low miles
reliable!
Automatice Transmission
good gas mileage

I'd prefer a 3 or 5 door hatchback type of car...

I'm not sure where to even start. I have an older chevy corsica and I like it (it's butt-ulgy but actually fun to drive - b/c it has a v6? not sure why) It's just begining to fall apart. Litterally - it has been sitting out in the Colorado sun and it's just falling apart so I'm in the market for something new.

Small but a hatchback would be better than a sedan (fit stuff in the back better). Good gas mileage is very important. I don't drive stick super well so automatic transmission... don't really care about much else. I drive mostly 3-4 miles across town with the occasional 100 mile or so trip.

I have about 8-10,000 to spend (still working my way through grad school right now)

Any suggestions on cars I might look for that would fit what I am looking for? Any input or advice would be great!

toorbo
04-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Volkswagen Golfs look nice and I hear they're fun to drive. Not sure if newer ones are in your price range though.

sickcallawayc12
04-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi I am looking to get a new to me car... and I'm looking online right now and don't know where to even start. Here's what's important to me

Low miles
reliable!
Automatice Transmission
good gas mileage

I'd prefer a 3 or 5 door hatchback type of car...

I'm not sure where to even start. I have an older chevy corsica and I like it (it's butt-ulgy but actually fun to drive - b/c it has a v6? not sure why) It's just begining to fall apart. Litterally - it has been sitting out in the Colorado sun and it's just falling apart so I'm in the market for something new.

Small but a hatchback would be better than a sedan (fit stuff in the back better). Good gas mileage is very important. I don't drive stick super well so automatic transmission... don't really care about much else. I drive mostly 3-4 miles across town with the occasional 100 mile or so trip.

I have about 8-10,000 to spend (still working my way through grad school right now)

Any suggestions on cars I might look for that would fit what I am looking for? Any input or advice would be great!
Here are a few options for you:

Volkswagen Golf as toorbo mentioned, late 90s-early 00s fall within your range and are respected vehicles.

Honda Civic, pretty much same thing said about Golf applies here also.

Subaru Impreza Wagon- Or any Subaru wagon in price range for that matter. Reliability on par w/ Honda and Toyota. Gas mileage isn't AS good as rest of class because of AWD, usually gets mid 20s.

Good luck whatever ya choose.

Add your comment to this topic!